Archives for October 2014
Positive people. People who are better than you, people who will encourage you to grow and go after your goals. People who you inspire to be/who you want to be.
It will rub off of you, and you will let go of your baggage, and you will grow and be the person you aspire to be.
2. Be grateful for the people who have talked you down or who told you, you couldn’t.
You deep down know you’re better than that; those people are just shaping you and making you stronger and able to you grow.
3. Not everyone is going to like you; not everyone is going to want to be your friend and not everyone is going to be your friend, and that’s Okay! Just make sure you like and love yourself. Be YOU.
4. Failure is the process of growth
Your mistakes make you grow, and it makes you better. Do NOT be afraid of failure because if you have a fear of failure, you won’t end up doing what you had a fear of doing because of failure, and then failure and fear won because you never did it. Did you catch that? If not read it again.
5. Be your biggest fan without putting down others. Believe in yourself, read personal growth books. Believe in what you want to do, the sky is the limit.
6. Respect your parents, they have your best interest at heart even if it doesn’t seem like it at the time. Treasure them and spend time with them. Even if they say something that might not come across as they do, they want the absolute best for you, and they’ve lived just a bit longer than you have.
7. Remember, friends come in for a season, a reason and a lifetime. All of the arguments, stresses with friends will pass. And the ones that are supposed to stick with you, they will.
8. The people that make success is because they worked hard and had the belief in themselves. You can do it I promise you.
So I hope you liked those few things I’d tell my teenage self, I’m sure there’s a ton more but mainly just don’t worry, don’t stress because life is beautiful and you get one shot of this. So stay in gratitude and happiness and have complete belief in yourself that you can make shit happen.
One of my sunny things is my Fiancé, Matt, With all of the changes going on lately I’ve had unbelievable support from him and I really can’t thank him enough. As much as this blog is mine it’s his too because of all the hiccups behind my day to day posts. He’s always fixing the problems that I make (coding to be exact… lol) and I can’t thank him enough for that.
Changes in season, this is my favorite time of year, I love the crispness in the air and candles at night. There’s something about this time of year that just feels warm and comfortable.
Even though this happened in September one of my happy moments was that I got to write for On The Town Magazine, I was thrilled when they asked me to write their fashion column for September! It was a great experience, and it opened up a lot of doors from there!
Another favorite thing of mine issss beer. Yes, as I posted below talking all about Osgood their beer is great annnd I really really dig it!
Life has been crazy lately. I feel like I’ve been on the go non-stop and if you or anyone that knows me knows that I get hangry QUICK, and I need something in my stomach NOW. Lol you can ask Matt that poor guy has to deal with my crazy hungry needs alllll of the time. Almost every time we leave the house his question before we go “did you eat something…?” lol! I’ve been loving these Nakd bars by Nakd Whole Foods. They’re a great thing just to keep in my purse so that whenever i’m feelin’ the hangry mood coming on I can fix it with my Nakd Whole Foods bar! It gives me a good boost of energy, and they have a good source of protein! OH! They’re also gluten, wheat and dairy free so it’s great for just about anyone! Check them out here!